TUCSON, Ariz. – American Sprint Car Series officials have confirmed that Saturday’s San Tan Ford ASCS Desert Non-Wing Series event at USA Raceway has been postponed.
After the World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car Series postponed their events through Arizona and California, the discussion arose to keep the Saturday date at USA Raceway going.
However, due to the most recent actions and recommendations by the state of Arizona, track officials made the call to postpone this Saturday’s events.
As soon as a new date has been established, then ASCS officials will release it.
The American Sprint Car Series continues to monitor the situation that surrounds the COVID-19 Virus and the fallout that has occurred.
“At this time, this is the only race we’ve had postponed due to COVID-19,” stated ASCS National Director, Matt Ward. “We are working week by week to make sure that we are staying as current as possible with the information that is available. If we can race, we’ll race but again, if a situation comes up that a track owner/promoter is in a position that they can’t host an event because it’s been mandated by national, state, or local government we understand and will do our best to work with the track to reschedule.”