PERRIS, Calif. – Perris Auto Speedway promoter Don Kazarian has announced the famous half-mile clay oval will reopen for private practice sessions starting Saturday, May 2.
Pursuant to Riverside Counties Health Officer’s Order from April 20, which permits “Non Contact Outdoor Sports” such as motocross, golf, tennis, pickleball and shooting ranges, the track will operate under the following conditions:
- All practices will follow Riverside County Health orders regarding COVID-19.
- Social distancing guidelines will be enforced.
- All individuals will be required to execute a COVID-19 Release of Liability for the Lake Perris Fairgrounds and Oval Entertainment, LLC.
- Provide one hand sanitizing station.
- Infield restrooms will be cleaned and sanitized before and after each private practice with approved antimicrobial products.
- Only one person at a time may enter the restrooms.
- Remove all trash cans and require each person to remove their trash from the facility after the private practice.
- No spectators will be allowed.
- Each car will only be allowed one additional individual to assist the Driver.
- Maximum of 10 individuals, including Oval’s staff, per private practice.
- Maximum of four cars for each practice.
- For a single-car practice, the race team may have up to eight people, including the driver.
- No minors (unless they are the driver) will be allowed.
- Face coverings, such as scarves, bandanas, neck gatters, or fabric coverings, must be worn at all times.
- One car on the track at a time until further notice.
On the weekends, the track will be available for a morning session from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m., an afternoon session from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. and a nighttime session from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
On weekdays, the track can be rented mornings, afternoons and during the evenings. The daytime track rental fee is $500 and the nighttime track rental fee is $1,200.
In order to book a date and time, email Don Kazarian at email@example.com.
As conditions change on maximum gatherings per the Riverside County Health Office, Perris Auto Speedway officials will update the provisions accordingly.