MOORESVILLE, N.C. – Brad Sweet continues to lead the National Sprint Car Rankings as winged 410 sprint car racing set a record for the number of races run in a single season.
The previous mark of 466 was set in the first year of the rankings in 2009. This year 473 features have been run through Oct. 10, with 164 different drivers visiting victory lane.
Sweet leads the rankings with a 3.426 average finish in 76 starts this season.
One of a handful of drivers to have topped the 80-start mark this season, Donny Schatz is tied with David Gravel for second in the rankings. Schatz and Gravel have identical 4.262 average finishes. Gravel has started 76 races.
Carson Macedo and Kyle Larson round out the top five in the rankings.
Lance Dewease (Eastern), Dominic Scelzi (Western), Kyle Bellm (Mid-America), D.J. Foos (Great Lakes), Brendan Mullen (Great Plains), Jack Sodeman Jr. (PA-OH) and James McFadden (Northwest) are the regional leaders.
National Sprint Car Rankings
1. Brad Sweet 3.426 (76 Starts)
2. Donny Schatz 4.262 (80 Starts)
3. David Gravel 4.262 (76 Starts)
4. Carson Macedo 4.338 (80 Starts)
5. Kyle Larson 4.920 (25 Starts)
6. Logan Schuchart 5.049 (76 Starts)
7. Anthony Macri 5.051 (74 Starts)
8. Dominic Scelzi 5.310 (29 Starts)
9. Sheldon Haudenschild 5.444 (78 Starts)
10. Tyler Courtney 5.526 (72 Starts)
Click below for the regional rankings.